PENINSULA ROTARY FOUNDATION
Monday, September 13, 2021
Mary Anne Murray
Club President Paul Estrella
Club President-Elect Mark Magee
- Regular meeting, July 12, 2021. Action required.
- E-Vote: $7,500 to Clothes 4 Kids, August 12-17, 2021. Action required.
- Report documents sent by email; comments and questions
- Budget Update
- Mission Statement. From July: “Committee: Brad Browning, MaryAnn Murray, Dan Nydegger and Nancey Olson. Draft to be available for next Foundation Board Meeting.”
- The Club Board would like to see the following funded:
- Christmas Angels Gift Trees –Champion & Chair Nancy. Request to fund at the same level and to use Golf Tournament and District Grant to offset expenses. Action required.
- Shop With A Cop –Champion & Chair Nancy.
- Request to fund at the same level and to use Golf Tournament and District Grant to offset expenses. Action required.
- Peninsula Poverty Response –Champion Nancy & Chair PPR. The Club Board would like $1,000 awarded, with $500 to come from the PRF general fund and $500 from Covid funds to support the Laundry Love & Covid Hub projects respectively. Action required.
- Shoeboxes of Joy –Champion Nancy & Chair Shoeboxes of Joy. “Shoeboxes” filled out a request which was not received. The Club Board would like to see this funded using Covid funds. More information is needed regarding the request details; Champion Nancy will obtain. Possible action required.
- AAUW Movie Night was tabled by the Club Board in August for a decision this month so may head our way tonight. Possible action required.
- These projects do not require action and are FYI to the Board:
- Dictionaries to Local 4th Graders – in the Club Budget.
- Rotary Wheel in our Community – in the Club Budget.
- These Outside Requests for Project Support are expected and not yet received. FYI & No action required.
- Food4Kids Backpack Food Program –Champion Nancy.
- Friends of Willapa Wildlife Refuge 4th Grade Education program –Champion?
- Pack2school Backpack Supplies Program –Champion Nancy.
- Peninsula Food Bank Support –Champion?
- Safe & Sober Grad Night –Champion?
- Toys for Peninsula Kids, a partnership with Pacific County Fire District 1, Long Beach Elks, Ilwaco American Legion –Champion?
- Wellspring Community Network projects –Champion?
- Court Lessons for Kids through Lighthouse Oceanfront Resort Tennis & Pickleball Center –Champion? & Chair?
- Progress Reports on Funded Projects, Agreements
- Chinook Tribe Food Distribution. –Champion Mark. Request was privately funded and has club member support.
- Clothes 4 Kids –Nancy McAllister
- International Projects – No specific request is under consideration.
- Committee Reports
- Governance : PRF Sgt At Arms Duties mimic those developed by the Club. Now available on beachrotary.COM.
- Arts & Adventures Leadership Team –Brad; please introduce the top level team leaders when/as placed.
- Continuing Education Scholarships Team –Nancey
- Covid Strike Force –Mark, with Nancy, Keleigh
- Luggage of Love –Chair Lynn, with Champion Nancy
NEXT MEETING: Monday, November 1, 2021 via Zoom following the Club Board Meeting (~6:30 pm)
Any request approved at the August or September Board meetings will come to the PRF Board for funding consideration on September 12th.