Here is the agenda for our next PRF board meeting.
See you on the Zoom!
PENINSULA ROTARY FOUNDATION
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Monday, September 13, 2021
Monday, September 13, 2021
CALL TO ORDER
Mary Anne Murray
Club President Paul Estrella
Club President-Elect Mark Magee
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Regular meeting, July 12, 2021. Action required.
- E-Vote: $7,500 to Clothes 4 Kids, August 12-17, 2021. Action required.
- Report documents sent by email; comments and questions
- Budget Update
- Mission Statement. From July: “Committee: Brad Browning, MaryAnn Murray, Dan Nydegger and Nancey Olson. Draft to be available for next Foundation Board Meeting.”
- The Club Board would like to see the following funded:
- Christmas Angels Gift Trees –Champion & Chair Nancy. Request to fund at the same level and to use Golf Tournament and District Grant to offset expenses. Action required.
- Shop With A Cop –Champion & Chair Nancy.
- Request to fund at the same level and to use Golf Tournament and District Grant to offset expenses. Action required.
- Peninsula Poverty Response –Champion Nancy & Chair PPR. The Club Board would like $1,000 awarded, with $500 to come from the PRF general fund and $500 from Covid funds to support the Laundry Love & Covid Hub projects respectively. Action required.
- Shoeboxes of Joy –Champion Nancy & Chair Shoeboxes of Joy. “Shoeboxes” filled out a request which was not received. The Club Board would like to see this funded using Covid funds. More information is needed regarding the request details; Champion Nancy will obtain. Possible action required.
- AAUW Movie Night was tabled by the Club Board in August for a decision this month so may head our way tonight. Possible action required.
- These projects do not require action and are FYI to the Board:
- Dictionaries to Local 4th Graders – in the Club Budget.
- Rotary Wheel in our Community – in the Club Budget.
- These Outside Requests for Project Support are expected and not yet received. FYI & No action required.
- Food4Kids Backpack Food Program –Champion Nancy.
- Friends of Willapa Wildlife Refuge 4th Grade Education program –Champion?
- Pack2school Backpack Supplies Program –Champion Nancy.
- Peninsula Food Bank Support –Champion?
- Safe & Sober Grad Night –Champion?
- Toys for Peninsula Kids, a partnership with Pacific County Fire District 1, Long Beach Elks, Ilwaco American Legion –Champion?
- Wellspring Community Network projects –Champion?
- Court Lessons for Kids through Lighthouse Oceanfront Resort Tennis & Pickleball Center –Champion? & Chair?
- Progress Reports on Funded Projects, Agreements
- Chinook Tribe Food Distribution. –Champion Mark. Request was privately funded and has club member support.
- Clothes 4 Kids –Nancy McAllister
- International Projects – No specific request is under consideration.
- Committee Reports
- Governance : PRF Sgt At Arms Duties mimic those developed by the Club. Now available on beachrotary.COM.
- Arts & Adventures Leadership Team –Brad; please introduce the top level team leaders when/as placed.
- Continuing Education Scholarships Team –Nancey
- Covid Strike Force –Mark, with Nancy, Keleigh
- Luggage of Love –Chair Lynn, with Champion Nancy
NEXT MEETING: Monday, November 1, 2021 via Zoom following the Club Board Meeting (~6:30 pm)
Any request approved at the August or September Board meetings will come to the PRF Board for funding consideration on September 12th.